NHL News : Capitals and Knights brawl in the final seconds of the 2nd period!
What do you think? Let your comment right here.  

Capitals and Knights brawl in the final seconds of the 2nd period!

This is getting good!

Published on by HockeyFeed in NHL News
Share on Facebook
574 574 Shares

All hell is breaking loose in Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Final. We are being treated to one hell of a game on Thursday night between the Washington Capitals and the Las Vegas Golden Knights and this back and forth affair has now resulted in everyone on both sides of the ice losing their cool. 

The game has seen several lead changes already with the Capitals twice taking a one goal lead and with the Golden Knights responding both times, but it was when the Golden Knights finally took a lead of their own that things truly got heated between these two sides. The Golden Knights were on the power play in the final seconds of the second period when Golden Knights forward Reilly Smith made an incredible athletic play to score the Golden Knights third goal of the game and give his team their first lead of the game.

Smith was on the receiving end of a quick pass from teammate Alex Tuch but unfortunately for Smith the puck was delivered onto the blade of his stick but rather the blades of his skates. Nonetheless seeing a golden opportunity to score a critical goal Smith made the best of it and managed to bounce the puck off of both of his skates before eventually getting the puck to his stick.  The play was made all the more impressive by the fact that he managed to pull it off with a player draped all over his back, and even managed to get the shot off with him there as well.

The Capitals were not very happy after the play and after some pushing and shoving between both sides, as well as some face washes with what are likely rather smelly gloves, both sides began to throw punches and brawl. There weren't any organized fights during the melee but you could clearly see that some players had taken some damage during the melee including one player who had blood dripping down his face. 

The good news for the teams here is that neither team was awarded a power play as a result of the incident so we got right back to 5 on 5 hockey.

Share on Facebook
574 574 Shares